Adding to the stress of the coronavirus outbreak, are concerns about the financial impact it is having. We have channels of support and resources available for the IAT family. Our IAT Finance team and financial service partners CAPTRUST and Fidelity Investments have provided the following information in light of COVID-19:
Message from IAT's Finance Team on Banking
You may have seen some click bait headlines on banks closing. To be clear, some banks are closing their lobbies to walk-in traffic but banking is still available. Drive-throughs are open during normal business hours, ATM machines are being managed and online banking is available 24/7. We recommend:
- Online Banking – Learn how to setup online banking on your personal computer, make a remote deposit using your phone, make online payments, etc.
- Mobile Apps – Several banks offer mobile apps to make online banking more accessible. Now is a great time to download your bank's app if you haven't already
- Use Debit Cards Instead of Cash – Help prevent the spread and exchange of germs
Message from CAPTRUST
CAPTRUST's Participant Advisory Services are available to help us cope with market volatility. Visit CAPTRUSTADVICE.COM to access free resources on a range of topics. In addition, IAT employees can call the Advice Desk to speak with a financial advisor on investment advice and more.
Advice Desk Contact Information and Hours:
- Schedule an appointment: www.captrustadvice.com
- Call-in number: 800.967.9948
- Monday – Thursday | 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM EST
- Friday | 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM EST
Message from Fidelity Investments
Fidelity Investments recently provided this update from Director of Global Macro Jurrien Timmer. In the article, Jurrien provides commentary on market volatility, staying diversified, and focusing on the long-term. Additionally, Fidelity is providing frequent updates pertaining to market events and timely insights as new developments occur. Their latest perspectives can be found here.
The NetBenefits website also contains important information on the homepage regarding market volatility.
In addition, Fidelity continues to offer free daily webinars to participants who want to learn more about specific topics that might be important to them. Register for events by clicking:
Library link (top right of home page) > Scroll down to Workshops > Continue to Fidelity's Event Registration System > Live Workshops